Wrapping up construction works
Nexus has completed all of the construction works for the Toowoomba Second Range Crossing (TSRC), apart from a small section at Ballard in the east.
Uni-span’s solutions to this impressive project’s structures was made possible by using the following systems:
- Uni-span’s RKS – Rail Climbing Systems and SMK Single Sided System was adapted and inverted to support the typical headstock of the main viaduct (Bridge 9).
- 6 sets of Uni-span’s RKS Climbing systems were used to form the Pier, reaching heights of just over 40m.
- 3 sets of inverted SMK systems were used to form and support the 1000kN typical headstocks, with over 6m cantilever from the pier face.
- Meeting the new Formwork Code of Practice Uni-span’s Stretcher Stair Towers, provided at each pier and headstock, ensured safe and reliable access & egress to all personnel.
- The versatile MK system was used to form large access platforms (2.6m wide) around the headstock, so that works could continue safely and efficiently underneath the Super Ts.
- At peak intervals (since May 2017), Uni-span supplied up to 20 scaffolders, providing labour support to the TSRC project.
The below series of photos highlight the incredible journey of engineering excellence and a snapshot of this project’s progress over the last year.