Uni-span are due to commence the supply of our ORMA and MK formwork systems to assist Waterway Constructions in extending Port Kembla’s Berth no. 103, to 108 meters which includes a clutched bulkhead wall with parallel anchor wall and ties.
The project requires two concrete capping beams to be formed and poured. One on the bulkhead wall (approx. 110m long) and a second along a section of the retaining pile structure (approx. 80m long).
Waterway Constructions will pour both beams with a hit and miss application:
- Water side – 12m long x 2 sets
- Water side soffit support – 15m long x 4 sets
- Inland side – 12m long x 2 sets
When designing the solution to suit our clients project needs, the following important points were taken into account:
- The concrete kerb varies along the length of the beam and there is a section that doesn’t have a kerb.
- All concrete kerbs are to be poured during the pour of the capping beam.
- There are to be no ties through the pour.
- The front face of the capping beam is to be a class II finish.
- All other concrete finishes are to be a class III finish.
Keep up to date with this project’s progress in our next Newsletter.
For more information on Uni-span’s formwork solutions contact Technical Sales Representative:
0423 408 669