The last few months has seen a lot of attention on scaffolding containment in the construction industry, more so in the commercial sector. This was due to not one, but two containment fires on construction sites in Sydney, NSW within the last half of 2018.
Both incidents prompted responses from the CFMEU and Safework NSW, alerting the construction sector of these dangers.
Uni-span’s Uni-mesh™ has been safely containing scaffolding in the most aesthetically pleasing method for over a decade. This compliant and trusted system has become a market leader in the construction sector. In September 2018, Uni-span launched Uni-mesh™ FR, a fire retardant version of Uni-mesh™. These products have been tested & certified to all relevant Australian standards & WHS regulations.
What makes Uni-span’s patented Uni-mesh™ and Uni-mesh™ FR products unique?
- Prescribed lining is steel wire reinforced
- All ends are folded and then welded, ensuring no protruding of steel reinforcement
- Uni-mesh™ can be installed easily by cable ties or KwikAz clips (ready to install & rolls up after use)
- Unlike other “replica” fibre reinforced products, Uni-mesh™ & Uni-mesh™ FR do not require re-testing after 2 years
These 4 simple patented features allow for:
- Unrivalled strength, durability & reusability
- Durable for mulitple uses
- Ready to install & rolls up after use
- Repairable and aesthetically pleasing
- Saves time, money & labour
- Increased quality control measures has allowed Uni-span to offer a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty on all of our containment products.
- We guarantee Uni-mesh™ and Uni-mesh™ FR rolls will stay fit for purpose for a 3 year period.
The difference between Uni-mesh™ and Uni-mesh™ FR:
Uni-mesh™ Fire Retardant, also known as Uni-mesh™ FR, holds the same features and benefits as Uni-span’s standard Uni-mesh™ product. The only difference is a fire retardant additive to the manufacturing process that allows this product to comply with the ABCB Flammability Index, in accordance with AS 1530.2-1993 (Methods for fire tests on building materials, components and structures; Part 2: Test for flammability of materials). Uni-mesh™ FR is identifiable by red strip within the mesh.
Other products in the market
Other fibre reinforced products in the market simply do not have the lifespan Uni-mesh™ and Uni-mesh™ FR have. They are usually made up with a plastic composite which degrades after a few uses. The image below clearly indicates the deterioration of this plastic composite mesh product.
Due to Uni-span’s patent on our Uni-mesh™ and Uni-mesh™ FR, competitors are not able to use steel reinforcement within their containment products.
Uni-mesh™’s most advantageous benefit, clearly proved by the below (non-Uni-span) adverts, is that Uni-mesh™ has a very good lifespan and can be re-used several times over.
So now you have the facts of why this product is a market leader.
Call 1300 882 825 or email email@example.com