Uni-span supplies an industrial labour service that is a specialist people resourcing service, focusing on the supply of permanent, contract and interim personnel to all construction sectors across Australia.
We believe a high quality individual; with the appropriate skill set and cultural alignment ensures the making of a good employee and more importantly a strong team member.
Our group’s commitment is to simplify your project by providing the best solution and service within our industry.
Solution. Service. Simple.
Our innovative and engineered formwork systems and scaffolding hire solutions, equipment and services, compliments our industrial labour services division and sees us working among leaders in the commercial, civil, infrastructure, mining, energy and industrial sectors.
We are different in the way we do things. Safety is always our priority. With an emphasis on client focus, Uni-span commits to providing the best quality products and services, whilst ensuring the environment remains unharmed in all areas of our business, from cradle to grave.
These core principles support our group’s culture and drive the team to deliver solutions and service that not only meets your project requirements but also far exceeds your expectations.
What can this service offer?
- Works in partnership with you and your team.
- We develop and refine our range of services ensuring we effectively meet your requirements.
- Uni-span provides innovative and cost effective recruitment services across multiple industry sectors.
- We source staff from across Australasia with a strong focus on Local Industry Participation i.e. local suppliers, cross-skilled local and indigenous workforce.
- Uni-span are dedicated to providing the best solution and best service, enabling simple decision making for our clients.
- Uni-span’s integrity is apparent in our dedication to safety, the environment, in the quality we deliver and in our accredited ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 (OHSAS 18001:2007) and ISO 14001:2015 systems and procedures.
- Our highly experienced team set us apart from our competitors.
- Uni-span trusts its employees who have the capacity, commitment, passion and versatility to achieve outstanding outcomes for you.
- We develop and maintain loyal relationships with our customers, which is indicative of the service we provide.
- Uni-span specialise in operational personnel for various clients within the onshore and offshore Oil and Gas, Power and Water industries.
- Short or long term contract, once-off projects, project lifespan and/or permanent placements.
- Such scopes of work include commissioning, decommissioning, increases in project demands, shutdowns and maintenance crews.
- Uni-span recruits all professional and technical personnel from project admin support to construction/site personnel and other specialised trades.
- We are positioned to provide clients with a unique human resources solution across a range of areas.
- Delivering a personalised, tailored service, supplying employees with the right skills and attitudes, including but not limited to:
- Temporary to permanent staffing
- Full project management
- On-site co-ordinators
- WHS inductions
- Drug & alcohol screening
- Occupational testing & training
- Skills testing & assessment
- Pre-screening of work history
- Verification of licences and certificates
- Police clearances (state & federal)
- Site-specific inductions
- Full medical screening
- Suitable PPE requirements
Our commitment to safety
Safety is always Uni-span’s priority. We understand that workplace health and safety is a pre-eminent concern for our customers.
Uni-span is committed to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of its employees and any other people who may be affected by the organisation’s operations.
Uni-span’s senior management, including directors, recognise the importance of the health and safety of all its employees and are firmly committed to preventing injury and illness to any of these individuals. Sufficient resources will always be provided in order to achieve this. Through leadership and communication, this commitment to safety establishes injury prevention goals and safe work procedures. Employees and contractors must take reasonable care of themselves and others to co-operate with Uni-span’s commitment and protect their health and safety.
Uni-span directors oversee the effectiveness of the group’s Workplace Health and Safety Committee and ensure outcomes and best practices for all initiatives are supported through all levels of the organisation. Establishing measurable objectives and targets ensures continuous improvement toward eliminating work related injury and illness.
Risk assessments are carried out on all work sites to control and minimise risks. Safe Work Method Statements identify and control all hazards for all work undertaken. Regular audits detect improvements to be made and allow Uni-span to act on the findings to not only improve procedures, but also establish better control to minimise risks and keep our workforce safe.
All health and safety processes are documented, implemented, maintained and communicated to all employees and are always readily available.
We are members of the Zeroharm at Work Leadership Program.
Uni-span will always comply with current WHS legislation, standards and codes of practice. Safety first. Always.
Local & Indigenous Industry Participation
Uni-span is committed to the responsibilities below in order to support Local and Indigenous Industry Participation:
Community – Social Responsibilities
- Complying with all applicable legal requirements and other commitments to which we subscribe, as a minimum standard.
- Identifying social impacts by conducting independent Social Impact Assessments, risk and opportunity assessments, develop and implement continuous improvement plans to manage the significant impacts, risks and opportunities.
- Engaging stakeholders (Shareholders, Employees, Client’s, Community liaisons) on their concerns, aspirations and values regarding Uni-span’s growth and direction; processing strong links between economic, social and cultural issues.
- Sharing economic benefit with local communities by maximising local procurement and enterprise development, local employment, training and community development opportunities.
- Integrating social considerations into all aspects of the company’s business decisions and activities to avoid or mitigate adverse social impacts and enhance social benefit.
- Acknowledging Indigenous, cultural and other human rights that are relevant to our operations and ensure all levels of the workforce are trained to understand and respect these rights.
- Demonstrating our commitment to Indigenous rights by acknowledging and respecting local cultural norms and commitment to engaging, employing and up skilling indigenous workers.
- Source local talent, promote local enterprise development and engage local industry suppliers (Local Industry Participation Policy).
- Uni-span Can initiative: giving back to the community by volunteering to help those in need/raise funds for charities.
- Complying with all applicable legal requirements and Industrial Relations Standards to which we subscribe, as a minimum standard.
- Selecting appropriately qualified and competent people, provide training and set standards to enable employees, contractors and suppliers to recognise the potential and actual social impact of their activities so they strive to meet the requirements of this policy and to demonstrate leadership in social responsibility.
- On-boarding process of pre – employment medicals, inductions and supervision.
- Communicating openly about our performance in an accurate, transparent and timely manner.
- Develop Personal Development Plans and opportunities.
- Source local talent.
- Workforce planning to identify emerging issues and challenges in relation to recruitment, development, advancement and succession of their employees.
- Promotion of exchange opportunities for those employees who need them.
- Learning and development opportunities for local – indigenous workforce.
- Continuing strong use by agencies of traditional models of recruitment and development.
Current & past projects
|CPB CONTRACTORS||QCLNG – JORDAN CPP||30||SURAT BASIN, QLD|
|CPB CONTRACTORS||QCLNG – KENYA & JAMMAT FCS||12||SURAT BASIN, QLD|
|CPB CONTRACTORS||QCLNG – POPPY FCS||6||SURAT BASIN, QLD|
|CPB CONTRACTORS||QCLNG – HARRY BROADWATER FCS||6||SURAT BASIN, QLD|
|UGL||UGL RAIL TOWNSVILLE||6||TOWNSVILLE, QLD|
|UGL||GREEN BANK – GC POWER LINES||12||GOLD COAST, QLD|
|UGL||CARDWELL POWER LINE CROSSINGS||6||INGHAM, QLD|
|MONADELPHOUS||GIBSON ISLAND (INCITEC PIVOT)||24||BRISBANE, QLD|
|ORIGIN||APLNG – REEDY CREEK||4||SURAT BASIN, QLD|
|ORIGIN||APLNG – COMBABULA||8||SURAT BASIN, QLD|
|CPB CONTRACTORS||QCLNG – LAUREN FCS||8||SURAT BASIN, QLD|
|MMG||CENTURY MINE||6||CENTRAL QLD|
|MMG||KARUMBA PORT||8||KARUMBA, QLD|
|ABERGELDIE||LUCINDA WHARF||13||LUCINDA, QLD|
|CPB CONTRACTORS||CAVAL RIDGE||8||MORANBAH, QLD|
|MONADELPHOUS||IPL||27||GIBSON ISLAND, QLD|
|TEA PTY LTD||BURLEIHJ H||4||NSW|
|TEA PTY LTD||DARWIN||6||NSW|
|TEA PTY LTD||MOOREBANK||3||NSW|
|PORPIPE ENGINEERING||KARATHA LNG||8||NSW|
|IM RAIL||CRN TEMORA||14||NSW|
|TEA PTY LTD||CRIPPS NUBAKE||7||LAUNCESTON, TAS|
|DOWNER EDI ENGINEERING POWER PTY LTD||APLNG UPSTREAM||6||NORTH QLD|
|ORIGIN ENERGY RESOURCES LTD||APLNG UPSTREAM||6||NORTH QLD|