The QIMR Central building located on the Royal Brisbane Hospital Campus at Herston is the integral third building on the site of the Queensland Institute of Medical Research. The two-stage managing contractor project has delivered a 15-level building with 20 new laboratories, attracting an additional 400 scientists and students.
Phase 3 of the project, which comprises the refurbishment of the existing buildings, will be delivered to the same standard as the new QIMR Central building.
- Scaffold was erected to a height of 53m.
- Vehicle access was built at the base of the scaffold to allow emergency services access during construction.
- An MK bracket was installed to the narrow face of the façade, carrying 50m of scaffold. Special engineered anchors were designed and installed. The MK bracket allowed for work to occur below the working area.
- Access was provided to the full height of the scaffold at 53m.
- Our solution maximised the capacities of the scaffold to ensure the minimal amount of gear was used, to not impede the emergency services.
The engineered solutions provided by Uni-span were cost effective and met the client’s strict requirements.